Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Home Alone

And so on Sunday my wife and daughter went to the Bush (Sabi Sabi nogal). If you're asking, of course I was envious. That is the place I feel closest to God.

But there I was home alone. No, I wasn't feeling sorry for myself. I was partly glad because it gave me time for myself. And dont get me wrong, I love my family around me. But there I found myself having 'me' time. I slept, had a late lunch on my own, then turned on the TV but couldnt find anything that caught my attention and switched off.

Then I thought to myself what am going to do on my own.....................When last did you feel alone?

I immmediately realised then that Christ often took time off to be by Himself. Mark 1:35 tells us:"Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed."

I then asked the Lord to be with me in my 'me' time. And we had a good time together. We talked and I felt loved and cared for............the Lord was there.

So I really wasn't home alone and even more so when Damien came home on Monday and the two of us had some quality time together.

The next time you feel alone ask the Lord to join you? He will give you wine for the lonely hill you may have to ascend.   

No comments:

Post a Comment