Saturday, December 4, 2010

Crime Stats have just gone up One more

Today was to be a beautiful day. It started with me getting up early while my wife was preparing to entertain some of the Senior ladies from our church. We had tea together. Then she sent my daughter and me to get the last of the things she needed for her function.

When we got back she went to her function while Tarryn and I  got ourselves ready for our afternoon. I  prepared to officiate at a beautiful wedding and she was going to watch the beautiful game between Chiefs and Pirates, the of the two biggest clubs in South Africa playing in the final of the Telkom cup.

We left home expecting to come home after our busy day having been a blessing to folk. And I am sure that they were blessed.

Carol and I were on our way home together when I received a call from our local security company to tell me that we had been burgled. When we got to the house we were met by the security patrolling officer who was first on the scene.

Have you had such an experience? What went through your mind?

As I walked in to our home and I saw the damage............My first reaction was........What  else is damaged............what is gone? What did they take?

After reporting to the police I had time to reflect..............am I supposed to be angry...........who is to blame?

I am amazingly not angry and cant understand why. I know that the inconvenience we now face of having to repair the doors and gates isn't lekker. And having to replace stuff is also something that has to happen. But they are all material things.

Tarryn was the last to leave and I just thank God that she wasn't home to have to face the buggers who did this.

As I continued to reflect, I recall Paul's words.........."Bless those who persecute you. Dont curse them, pray that God will bless them" (Romans 12:14).

I am aslo reminded how Christ who came into the world to do good was killed..........murdered. My lot isn't so bad after all. So I will bless them buggers by praying that God will change the error of their ways.

So my friend, when life throws a curve ball at you, take God's Word as your Spiritual Wine for the Hill. I did.

1 comment:

  1. Nice post my father!
    Keep it up. You are the called one.
    Blessings
    Delme

    ReplyDelete